Memories of August part-2

 1st September 1945,

Dear Diary,

                       It is with great sadness that I am writing this because my theories which were meant to be used for the good of mankind have now been used to destroy it. I, Albert Einstein had never even imagined that my theory of mass-energy equivalence which I had thought could be used to enable new frontiers of mankind would be used to fulfil the needs of warmongers. I fairly and squarely take the blame for that. As I in a written letter had first asked President Roosevelt to consider using nuclear fission to make weapons as the Germans were already considering it and I was fearful of the consequences if the enormous power of nuclear fission fell into the wrong hands. Oh!! Why did I write that letter?? Why?? Just Why?? I, to aim for the greater good, have brought darkness into mankind and have let evil men exploit the wonderful powers of science for their evil deeds.

    It is true that the OSS did not even allow me to participate in the Manhattan project because they knew that I would have stopped them and would have never allowed them to carry out the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I had always thought that after the war human beings would usher in an era of peace, but now as they have weaponized the tremendous powers of nuclear fission, peace will never be possible as the world will now go into a race to acquire this dangerous weapon. This is because the greed of man knows no bounds, this dangerous nature of man makes him use the wonderful powers of nature for his own selfish needs and because of this selfishness, makes him exploit and enslave other men. I do not know what the future holds for us as these dangerous weapons have the power to destroy humanity. 

    Let me explain how this works, I had initially theorized that mass and energy are interchangeable when objects attain velocities close to the velocity of light. Now if you use this property to simulate a collision between two bodies at a significant velocity, a sufficient amount of mass will be converted to energy which will lead to an amount of destruction that no one can imagine. The energy released in the process will have significantly more destructive potential than all other explosive devices known to man. Add to it the radioactive material used in fission bombs to generate the energy. the destruction increases as the radioactive decay can continue for months and even years which can have severe repercussions on people's lives.

    Oh my God!!!! What did they do? They turned my life's work upside down, a work which I had thought would lead to the creation of affordable energy for the whole of mankind is now being used to create weapons for the mass destruction of mankind. With the allies already having disputes amongst themselves regarding the post-war world, I do not know what the future holds in store for us. If ever a war involving these weapons occur then God help us as I do not know with what world war 3 will be fought but world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.

Comments

  1. It's extremely thought provoking and fascinating.
    A brilliant piece I must say

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fascinating and brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting and thought-provoking piece.
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment